Request a Speaker
Due to the current spread of the COVID-19 pandemic and limited staff capacity, only a limited number of virtual requests and even fewer in-person requests will be fulfilled until June 31, 2021, during which we will reevaluate this policy. Please fill out the form below, and we will respond to requests in the order in which we receive them. We thank you for your patience and understanding.
NOTE: We are hosting several virtual webinars and trainings over the course of the next few months – make sure to sign up for our emails in order to receive more information about our upcoming virtual events!
The ACLU of Ohio's Speakers Bureau provides speakers to over one hundred community groups, schools, and professional organizations across the state each year. Our speakers consist of (former and current) members of the ACLU staff, board of directors, and Action Teams; faculty at law schools and universities; and other civil liberties experts and activists.
We can present on the following topics:
- Know Your Rights! What To Do If You're Stopped by the Police
- Know Your Rights! Free Speech & Protests (sneak peek)
- Voting Rights (sneak peek)
- LGBT Rights: On the Path to Equality (sneak peek)
- Reproductive Rights (sneak peek)
- ACLU of Ohio's Campaign for Smart Justice, which includes, but is not limited to, our campaigns on Bail Reform and Death Penalty Repeal.
Please note: Due to increased demand, we require three weeks' notice and an audience of at least 25 participants to schedule a speaker. For smaller events and house parties, we can send ACLU handouts and materials for you to share. Other events may be considered on a case-by-case basis.
To request a speaker, please fill out our web form below.