ACLU of Ohio Social Media Ambassador
The world is changing.
The next generation of social justice advocates — people working to create an equal world — are using social media to call friends, family, and neighbors to action. Are you interested in learning how to broadcast this information on social media? Do you want your Instagram to be a place where people can learn about their rights with police, or even how to safely protest? Interested in learning more about the school-to-prison pipeline with a group of dedicated peers?
We are looking for young adults, ages 14-18, to be ACLU of Ohio Social Media Ambassadors. This is a yearlong commitment through July 31, 2019, with opportunities to renew commitment upon request.
Programming will include:
- Policy workshops
- Shadowing opportunities
- Social media and branding training
- Dialogue with social justice experts
- College preparation and resume writing
- Opportunities to engage with other youth ambassadors
- Strategies to develop as a youth leader in the community
- Recommendation letters
Your Role as an Ambassador:
- 2-4 ACLU Ambassador Posts Monthly
- Promote Know Your Rights and other contact on your personal Instagram
- Engage with your community at local events
- Use official ambassador hashtags (examples #IamACLU #ACLUambassador #youthempowered #young&reppinACLU #mylifemyrights)
- Abide by ACLU Social Media Ambassador Standards of Conduct
Your time is now to make a difference. Your followers are waiting. Apply to become an ACLU Ambassador today.
The ACLU of Ohio Social Media Ambassador program will be Cleveland based. Filling out this application does not solely guarantee a spot to become an ACLU Ambassador. We will review applications until July 10, 2018 and confirm ambassadors the week of July 16, 2018. Travel and/or other financial support such as data plan assistance may be available.