Pledge to Vote in the 2022 Primary and General Elections
With the U.S. Supreme Court poised to overturn the landmark Roe v. Wade decision, it is more critical than ever that Delawareans elect leaders who will protect and expand access to abortion.
In 2022, Delawareans will head to the polls to cast ballots in critical races like U.S. Congressperson, state Attorney General, all state senators, and all state representatives. The ability for Delaware to remain a state where people can access safe and legal abortion hinges on the outcome of these all-important elections.
Local elections don’t often make big headlines, but the decisions made at the local level often have a big impact on our neighborhoods and communities.
As part of the ACLU Voter Campaign, reproductive rights advocates have developed a policy platform that we will use to question candidates about their positions. We plan to hold officials accountable once elected and follow through with pledges to support critical reproductive rights measures.
Our platform includes:
- Medicaid funding of abortion and doula services;
- Require private insurance to cover abortion care without copayment, coinsurance, or deductibles;
- Expand the list of clinicians who may provide abortions;
- Allow young people to access abortion freely and safely;
- Guard against local attempts to restrict abortion access; and
- Address disparities in reproductive healthcare access for Black people.
We're asking concerned voters to sign on to our pledge to be an ACLU Voter for abortion access and reproductive freedom in 2022. By signing the pledge, you’ll receive updates about our ACLU Voter campaign, including opportunities to assist with voter registration, education, and candidates’ forums.
Join us in pledging to vote pro-civil liberties, pro-reproductive freedom in 2022. Sign the pledge below.