Give People Dignity
TAKE ACTION NOW
Ask your legislators to support Senate Bill 84 and establish appropriate standards of care for pregnant people who are incarcerated by:
- Providing 6 weeks of post-partum care.
- Ending solitary confinement during pregnancy and in the post-partum period.
- Expanding pregnancy medical release to include substance use disorder treatment in the same facility in which the person is incarcerated so it can be readily accessed.
- Requiring the Department of Corrections to gather and publish on the Legislative Research Council's website data on solitary confinement, including the person's age, gender, ethnicity, reason for being placed in solitary, and date in/date out.
- Providing social workers who can work with incarcerated people to determine care for their infant and develop a reunification plan.
Tell your elected officials: Allow pregnant people who are incarcerated to have safe, healthy pregnancies.
Your State Representatives