Governor DeWine: Line-Item Veto Radical Measures in Budget Bill
NOT OUR OHIO, NOT OUR BUDGET! Last-minute radical provisions added to Ohio's operating budget in the 11th hour continue to threaten the health and safety of LGBTQ Ohioans, people seeking reproductive health care, Ohioans with disabilities, and the right to vote. These measures will harm ALL OF US and WEAKEN our democracy.
Specifically, these provisions will:
- Allow health care providers, and insurers to deny patients care, or payment, based on "objections based on moral, ethical, or religious beliefs"
- Impose new mandates that could potentially remove abortion care access in entire regions across Ohio
- Threaten the ability of Ohioans with a disability to advocate for themselves
- Cut funding for voter education and registration and bans private dollars from being used to improve elections
- Make it harder for groups like the ACLU to fight unconstitutional laws in court
The policies included, and the process by which they were added are shameful.
We demand that Gov. DeWine use his executive power to line-item veto ALL measures that threaten the health and safety of LGBTQ Ohioans, people seeking reproductive health care, Ohioans with disabilities, and the right to vote.