We Demand a Trans Future in Missouri
The Trans Justice Program at the ACLU of Missouri strives to raise awareness about the challenges faced by trans, non-binary, intersex and gender non-conforming Missourians, and challenge barriers to true safety and justice in our state. We work to lift up Trans & GNC leadership and steward a network of organizers committed to making Missouri a more welcoming, inclusive state.
One key to achieving trans justice is to increase the general public’s awareness about what we mean when we say it. To support this effort, the Trans Justice Program is mounting a 10 Days of Trans Demands campaign for a second year in a row. The ACLU of Missouri is committed to equipping all Missourians – trans and otherwise – with trans-affirming tools to demand and fight for a more just and safe tomorrow. By signing, you pledge to be an active partner in this fight for justice. Your petition signature will keep you tuned in to our fight in the coming months and to what you can do at the local and state level to make Missouri safer and more welcoming for Trans and GNC people.
Our 10 Demands are:
- Decriminalize HIV and sex work in Missouri
- Expand Medicaid and Transgender Healthcare Protections Statewide
- Provide Statewide and City Employment Protections
- Provide Statewide and City Public Accommodations Protections
- Establish Trans-Affirming Housing Programs &/or Shelters in all cities over 150,000
- Eliminate Conversion Therapy Statewide
- Eliminate Racist and Transphobic Prison Disparities (#PeopleNotPrisons #ClosetheWorkhouse)
- Let Trans Kids Learn: Implement Trans-Affirming Policy and Support GSAs for 6-12 gr.
- Establish Trans-Affirming Faith, Educational & Work Spaces
- Hold Transphobic & Trans-Antagonistic Reporting Accountable
Join us in pushing for what is possible. Sign the petition today.