The Roger Baldwin Foundation of the ACLU of Illinois (ACLU-IL) seeks a highly organized and detail-oriented Operations Coordinator to keep our office running smoothly and efficiently. Reporting to the Associate Director, this position will provide support with various main office functions, including but not limited to conducting receptionist/front desk administration. With duties closely associated to the office space, the Operations Coordinator will work in-person at the office five days a week, Monday-Friday.
This is a full time non-exempt union position that is part of a bargaining unit represented by the National Organization of Legal Services Workers/United Auto Workers Local 2320.
Front Desk/Reception/Meeting Setup:
- Register and serve as the primary receptionist for visitors to the organization
- Answer main company phone lines and distribute calls to appropriate recipients, and manage the office's internal telephone system
- Maintain communication with building and security staff; place work orders for office maintenance, and manage the security card access system for staff members
- Provide support for meetings and ACLU events, including room setup and coordination of video/phone conference technology
- Monitor, distribute, and follow up on incoming general email and telephone inquiries
- Sort and distribute incoming mail, process outgoing mail, and maintain postage
- Maintain a high standard of organization and neatness in all common office spaces, including supply/copy room, conference rooms, kitchen, restrooms, and corridors
- Provide overall administrative support to the office as needed
- Schedule and provide support with internal staff meetings
- Assist in overseeing the volunteer-staffed legal intake department, which receives requests for legal aid by phone, email, and regular mail
- Maintain stock of the office, kitchen, and printing supplies; make special orders; and assist staff members with accessing stock and supplies
- Train and manage short- and long-term administrative interns to assist with administrative duties as-needed
- Special projects as assigned
The successful candidate will have:
- Prior administrative support experience (minimum 1 year of equivalent experience)
- Organizational and time management skills to complete a high volume of varied responsibilities with excellent attention to detail and the belief that no task is too big or too small
- Customer service mindset with regards to fellow staff members
- Positive and flexible approach: strikes a positive tone and pushes work forward through obstacles
- Self-starter with ability to follow directions, and also exercise sound independent judgment
- Ability to work independently and on a team
- Commitment to working collaboratively and respectfully toward resolving obstacles and conflicts
- Strong written, verbal, and in-person communication skills
- Experience using office software (e.g., Windows and the Microsoft Office suite) and hardware (e.g., conference phones, printers, copiers, scanners, postage and fax machines)
- A strong commitment to civil liberties and civil rights
- Ongoing commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion, using an approach that values all individuals and respects differences in regards to race, ethnicity, age, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ability, socio-economic circumstance, and other factors
SALARY AND BENEFITS
The annual salary for this position is in the range of $40,000 to $45,000. We offer an excellent benefits package, which includes four weeks paid vacation (pro-rated the first year); 100% employer-paid medical, vision, and dental insurance for staff and eligible dependents; a 403(b) retirement benefits plan with employer match; life insurance; and long-term disability insurance.
ACLU JOB APPLICATION STATEMENT
The ACLU of Illinois is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, criminal record, or veteran status.
We are seeking to fill this position ASAP, and all applications will be accepted starting May 20, 2022 until the position is filled.
HOW TO APPLY
Please fill out the fields below. Then, email your resume and cover letter describing your interest in this position and the ways in which you satisfy the qualifications specified to firstname.lastname@example.org and use the subject line: “Operations Coordinator.” Please do not call or make outreach via social media platforms.
The ACLU is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance applying online, please email email@example.com. If you are selected for an interview, you will receive additional information regarding how to request an accommodation for the interview process.